Max. € 45 k gross all-in | Internal Controller | Internal Control Framework | Risk Regulatory | BSc graduate | Multinational Group | Food Industry | Belgium, Gent region
Are you a BSc graduate Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar and looking for an international job within the field of internal control and risk regulatory – Multinational Group ? Do you have relevant experience with internal audit and/or internal control, change management skills and a can-do mentality? The position of Internal Controller – Multinational Group might be perfect for you!
Guylian is a Belgian chocolate specialty producer, mainly known for its chocolate seafood but also for other quality chocolate products. Since 2008, Guylian is a subsidiary of the Korean multinational Lotte Group. Lotte is a large South Korean multinational industrial conglomerate corporation.
Guylian had a turnover of €67 million in 2021, employs about 270 people and produces 75 tons of chocolate daily. Guylian head office is located in Belgium and also they have offices in UK, Germany and Spain (Guylian Iberia). Its products are exported from Belgium to more than 120 countries and are among the top 10 best-selling pre-packaged chocolate brands.
A new CEO was appointed in 2021 and the company is working on doubling its turnover to by the year 2026. Guylian’s growth plan focuses on the nine best-performing countries worldwide and on its core products: chocolate seafood, chocolate tablets and chocolate for airport shops. In time, every European supermarket should have Guylian products on its shelves. Sustainability and responsible sourcing are key pillars in the company’s strategy. The cocoa used in the production is 100% fair-trade and no palm oil or soy is added. The packaging of chocolate products is as much as possible plastic-free and 100% recyclable, and Guylian’s Belgian factory has been carbon-neutral since the beginning of this year.
As an Internal Controller you will have a close cooperation with the Senior Business Controller and a direct report to the CFO of Guylian. Also you will be liaison person for Internal Control team of Lotte Group (Headquarters) in South-Korea. You will be responsible for establishing a solid internal control framework, which supports transparency and accuracy of financial risk reporting across the organization.
As Internal Controller – Multinational Group, you are responsible for maintaining the internal control framework and you coordinate monitoring and risk reporting activities on the framework. You will work within a small and decisive finance team, which is led by the CFO and you will participate in the month-end process.
Further tasks and responsibilities, among others:
- Implementation of SOx control framework to address Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR);
- Maintenance of process and control documentation;
- Controls testing and follow-up on remediation gaps;
- Providing training on ICOFR regulatory;
- Liaison person for ICOFR team Lotte Group in South-Korea (Headquarters);
- Periodically reviews internal control framework – change and optimization.
To be successful as an Internal Controller – Multinational Group, the following should apply:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar;
- Relevant working experience in internal audit and/or internal control;
- You are a communicative personality and good at building professional relationships;
- You have a good understanding of SOx and IFRS reporting in multinational environments;
- Quality driven attitude;
- Fluent in English (written and verbally).
You will be working in:
- A nice young club with professional colleagues;
- An internationally operating organization with a focused growth strategy, to which you will make a direct contribution from your position;
- You will have direct contact with the business and top management of Guylian;
- A very dynamic, informal, pleasant and multicultural working environment.
Attractive terms of employment:
- Maximum gross all-in salary € 45.000, – which depends on educational background and experience;
- The attractive salary package is supplemented by benefits such as meal vouchers, insurances, a bicycle allowance, flexible holiday and working hours arrangements;
- You work at least three days at the Guylian office, the other days you can also work from home;
- A quality onboarding program including a training program, where you get to know the organization in all its facets;
- If you show excellent performance, Guylian offers you long term (and cross functional) career opportunities.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the apply button. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Jet Nelissen via +31 (0)20 489 23 20 or sent her an email to email@example.com