€3.400 – €3.800 (40h) | Junior Risk Modelling Specialist | Market- and Credit | Risk Modelling | Model Validation | International Banking | Financial Markets |Big Data | R , Python, SQL
Are you an ambitious and data-driven young professional, who is interested in quantitative risk analyses and Financial Markets? Do you have excellent analytical and communication skills? Do you have a strong affinity with IT systems, modelling and (big) data? We have an exciting job opportunity available as Junior Risk Modelling Specialist at the Financial Markets services division of a major international bank in Amsterdam.
Our client is a leading global player in Financial Markets services. This bank provides professional investors (including professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment parties) access to Financial Markets and makes it possible for these clients to trade in financial products. These investors are further supported in complying with law and regulations.
The department is responsible for the development, validation and implementation of risk systems and has three pillars: Market and Credit Risk modelling, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, and Regulatory Modelling. You will be working in a highly international team of 11+ quantitative, Data Science, and IT Risk professionals. As Junior Risk Modelling Specialistyou will be the modelling expert and therefore responsible for data quality, validation, implementation and testing of risk systems.
Your tasks will include i.a.:
- Evaluations of risk models and propose amendments to the risk systems, for which you will write functional specifications;
- Test amendments in collaboration with the IT Risk team and deliver test reports;
- Keeping track of all functional documentations;
- Providing model validation and presenting back-testing results to Global Risk Committees of the bank in collaboration with your ‘colleague Risk Managers’ worldwide;
- Keeping the model regulatory compliant and presenting to regulators (i.a. European Central Bank, Dutch Central Bank, and other local central banks);
- Programming languages used i.a.: R and Python.
To be successful as Junior Risk Modelling Specialist, the following should apply:
- MSc in Econometrics, Quantitative Risk Management (Duisenberg Honours Programme) or similar, with excellent study results
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong affinity with and knowledge of IT and Risk Modelling;
- Experience with R, Python, and SQL;
- Strong communication skills and a real team player;
- You are able to explain complex mathematical issues to an audience without any quantitative background;
- Proactive and stress-resistant attitude and you think in terms of solutions: “you make it happen”;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a preference.
As aJunior Risk Modelling Specialist you will work at a great location in Amsterdam and you will join an international team of driven and highly qualified quantitative, Data Science and IT Risk professionals. You will have the opportunity to work at the highest level of Market & Credit Risk modelling, using the newest technology in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Your team is leading in quantitative risk modelling in the financial world.
Working environment is professional, dynamic, informal, and pragmatic. You learn how to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you will gain a broad understanding of derivative products, banking processes and systems from a leading player in the market. You will be trained to improve your modelling and IT skills to become an expert.
We offer an excellent salary package:
- A good gross salary package €3.400 – €3.800 (40 hours per week) (depending on knowledge and experience);
- Study budget of €1500;
- 8% vacation allowance;
- 24 holiday days;
- Participation pension scheme;
- Travel allowance.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the button on the right. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Emma Bar Peled via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.