€ 3.335 – € 3.775,- (40h) | Analyzing Transactions | Financial Markets | Finance | Valuations | Profit & Loss | Process Optimization | MSc | International | Utrecht
Are you a MSc graduate and looking for a job within the field of financial markets, financial products, valuations, and income analysis? Do you have strong analytical skills and a can-do mentality? Do you want to gain in-depth knowledge of financial markets and products? This Junior Banking Analyst position might be perfect for you!
Our client is an international bank in the field Financial Markets, Asset Management, Real Estate and Insurance. The department, consisting of 27 (international) team members, is responsible for validation and recording financial products on a daily basis. This requires excellent knowledge of banking processes and financial products in the field of valuation, settlements and accounting. The department supports various locations worldwide such as London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and South America. It is a dynamic and energetic work environment and work is done through the LEAN methodology.
You are responsible for accurate financial recording, valuations, income analyses, and meeting standards and requirements of the bank and regulators. For one specific group of traders (bonds and commodities) you run valuations on their transactions.
Your tasks include:
- Comparison of the values of yesterday’s transactions and calculation of the profit and loss (P&L);
- Collecting data from various sources and perform checks and data validations. If you find inconsistencies or errors, you investigate which source caused it and search for an explanation;
- Responsibility for the general ledger. In order to match bookkeeping with the P&L statement, you check if valuations and positions are recorded correctly;
- Communication and justification of your findings with Front Office;
- Building and maintaining relationships with various locations worldwide;
- Participation in the development and implementation of new products, processes and (regulatory) standards, process optimization, and performance reporting.
To be successful as a Junior Banking Analyst, the following should apply:
- MSc. In Finance, Finance & Investments or similar;
- Strong affinity with finance, valuations and financial products;
- 0 – 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Accurate, detail oriented and pragmatic;
- Good eye for process improvement;
- Excellent English language skills.
This is an unique opportunity for a young professional who is interested to gain in-depth knowledge of all facets of Financial Markets. You will become a valuable sparring partner for multiple departments: Front Office, Risk Management, Operations, Treasury, Finance Data & Reporting and IT. The department is highly international and consists of ambitious, proactive and energetic team members. Furthermore, the bank invests in your professional and personal development and offers excellent career opportunities.
Young Financials offers you:
- A good gross salary package: €3.335 – € 3.775,- per month. Salary is based on 40 hours per week and depends on your educational background and work experience;
- Extra study budget of €1500;
- 8% vacation allowance;
- 24 vacation days;
- Participation pension scheme;
- Travel allowance.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the apply button. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Jet Nelissen via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.