€ 3.400 – € 3.700 (40u) | Data Engineer | Tech-savvy | Data Structuring | Business Intelligence | SQL, Python | IT & Data Analyses | Process optimization | Banking | International
Are you a tech-savvy graduate with a business mindset? Have you completed a Master in Computer Science, Business Information Management, Finance Technology, Data Engineering or a similar study? Are you communicative, analytical, and do you think in solutions? Do you have the ambition to take a deep dive into complex banking data structures? Are you ready to enhance your Data Engineering and IT tooling skills at an international and highly dynamic bank? We have an exciting job opportunity available as Junior Data Engineer – Banking!
Our client is an international bank, located in multiple European cities. You will be working at the headquarters in the Hague. The bank is active in consultancy, finance, and investments for a diverse customer group: corporations, financial institutions, investors, financial sponsors, family businesses, and retail customers. Our client is in transition from a financial service provider to a digital company in banking. The department where you will be working is one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation: multiple data analytics and IT tooling are used to build a future proof data landscape for the bank.
You will start within the Business Intelligence & Data Integration team, working through the SCRUM method. The bank is subject to a large number of changing regulatory reporting requirements. Supervision focuses more and more on granular data, with a far-reaching impact on business processes and the design of data management. In order to ensure an integrated approach to all finance, risk, and reporting processes, this team is building a cloud environment, to ensure consistency, reconciliation, and accuracy. This is done by SAS Solution: a cloud platform to proactively manage regulatory risk with a single, end-to-end risk management environment. This enables the bank to measure and manage regulatory risk in a constantly changing regulatory environment.
You are responsible for e.g.:
- Functional and technical consulting in regulatory reporting related to the national and international banking authorities (ECB and DNB);
- Maintenance of regulatory reporting application and data process with respect to change/new regulatory requirements by performing analysis and providing solutions;
- Identify and resolve data discrepancies and anomalies in source documents in collaboration with relevant stakeholders and IT vendors;
- Monitoring the daily automated processes and fix issues may they arise;
- Further development and improvement of the migration SAS Solution project. Together with the team you analyze and design data models and support testing;
- Being a sparring partner for business units in the organization and closely working with developers and SAS Experts.
To be a successful Junior Data Engineer – banking, you have or are:
- Master degree in Finance Technology, Business Information Management, Computer Science or similar;
- 0-2 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Affinity with Banking, Data Engineering, Finance and Business;
- Knowledge of SQL and Python;
- Strong communication skills and a true team player;
- You are interested in the world of banking and curious about the underlying technical processes;
- Proactive and you think in solutions;
- You are fluent in English.
As Junior Data Engineer – banking, you will work in The Hague within a highly professional team that has a tech-savvy and informal culture. You learn to effectively communicate with various departments within the bank. Next to that, you gain in depth insights into banking/data and processes/systems from a prominent player in the field. You will be included in the latest (IT and data) developments in the world of banking.
Moreover, you will receive:
- Gross monthly salary of €3.400 – €3.700 based on 40 hours, depending on your background and experience;
- Study budget of €1.500;
- 24 vacation days per year and paid public holidays;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Hybrid working;
- Participation in pension scheme;
- Commuting from home to work reimbursement.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the apply button. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Emma Bar Peled via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com